Important!! To Place an event on the calendar, click Add Event if it appears at the top of the page, not the +new link. If you are in the dashboard, go to Add Event in My Calendar, not the Posts section!!
You can post your own events to the gotfolk calendar.
- Folk music or folk music community related.
- Event located in Dade,Broward, Palm Beach, (EFFECTIVE 6/15/2012, WE ARE NOW STATEWIDE!!)
Steps to take to be able to post:
- Register as a user at wordpress.gotfolk.com(if that link does not work, use gotfolk.com).
send a message to gotfolkadmin a t gotfolk.com stating that you’d like to post events, and for what area/venue you’d like to post events for.
- After receiving your email, you will have your user status upgraded to include posting privileges.
- Your first few events will be subject to admin approval, after which, your events will automatically appear..
Some calendar posting hints:
- Keep your event title as short as possible (max of 3 lines on the main calendar display page)
- Entering time is in the format hh:mm using 24 hour military time.
- When learning how to post, enter your first event piecemeal i.e. enter the title and very short description first and save, enter the full description and save, time and save etc.. This will make it easier for you to see what works, and what doesn’t work.
- Clicking on the ID column in the Manage Events section will move the post you are working on to the top or bottom of the list, making it easier to find.
- Make sure you enter the location area of Florida where the event is taking place in BOTH the category and location fields!!!
Blog posting Guidelines
- Blog posts are NOT for regular upcoming events. Folk festivals, and other out-of-the everyday ordinary can have press-release-type entries posted to the blog, and therefore onto the front page of the site. Both in-advance press releases as well as post-event reviews are an excellent way to get additional advertising for your event/venue
- Blog posting reviews can be added for:
- Labyrinth cafe
- Luna star
- Open mics
- other venues, etc.
If you think of any other types of happenings that should be included in the blog portion, please suggest it…
Thanks for your participation at gotfolk.com
Calendar Event Posting Directions
To add an event, you have to go to what wordpress calls your dashboard.
- There should be a link to it at the top of your browser screen under your user name .
- In dashboard, you will see Mycalendar on the lower left.
- Clicking on mycalendar will give you add/edit events.
- The event title will appear on the gotfolk main page upcoming events on the right and on the full calendar itself.
- The advanced description will appear when you click on the event in the main calendar.
- The host field is not used now, but you should leave your user name there.
- In category, use the county of the event. ** CATEGORY IS A CRITICAL FIELD ** If it is blank, your event may not show in the calendar.
- Location will be county or online for michael’s show. etc..
- The time is military time
- New users first few events require approval, then approval will no longer be required.
- If you have difficulty with an event, please let me know..
Right now the categories are county. We may use this to allow users to click on county and see just their county events.. If gotfolk calendar goes state wide, we may change to south/central/northern florida as counties..